Moo La La Boutique will accept pretty much anything pertaining to babies, kids or maternity in excellent condition! We will thoroughly inspect all items during drop-off and unacceptable items will be sent home with the consignor. If we ask that you take back some of your items, please do not be offended. This is only to maintain the highest level of quality for our sale and we reserve the right to refuse any item that we feel may not sell. We do realize that it is sometimes easy to miss a spot or tear when you are getting your items ready at home. We want to be known for having the best quality merchandise and we want you as a shopper to have confidence that you are buying the best. Think QUALITY not quantity. We want you to be profitable for the amount of time that you put into preparation, so stick to the best items you have!
- Clothing Newborn through Size 14-good condition, no older than 5 years and freshly laundered.
- For clothing items UNDER 12 MONTHS- Each consignor is limited to 20 items per gender, per size (0-3 mos, 3-6 mos, 6-12 mos) for a max total of 60 items
On our racks, we break the sizes down into 0-3 months, 3-6 months, and 6-12 months to make sorting easier on the volunteers.0-3 month category would include premie, newborn and 0-3 months3-6 months includes 3 months and 3-6 months6-12 months includes 6 months, 9 months, 6-9 months, 6-12 months and 9-12 months.You may ONLY bring 20 items per size category (o-3, 3-6, 6-12) per gender
- Maternity Clothing- Limit of 10 maternity items per consignor, no older than 3 years.
- Shoes- new or in excellent used condition, no scuffs please
- Sports Related Items- leotards, ice skates, cleats, bats, baseball gloves, etc.
- Costumes/Dress Up Clothing- Princess, Fireman, Doctor, etc.
- Hair Accessories/Hats
- Socks and Tights- socks must be NEW or coordinating socks can be attached and sold with outfits.
- Toys- must be clean, in good working condition with no missing parts. Batteries *must* be included with any item requiring their use.
- Books- no tears, missing pages, or writing (small personalization is acceptable)
- Puzzles- Boxed puzzles must be NEW and UNOPENED. Wooden puzzles must be packaged so all pieces are visible.
- DVD’s/Video Games/VHS Tapes (with appropriate covers and in working condition. No PG-13 or R rated movies)
- Bikes / Trikes / Scooters
- Outdoor Play Equipment
- Home-School Materials
- Cribs/Bassinets/Cradles- must include all pieces. Cribs must comply with new CPSC Guidelines Please refer to the New Crib Standard Q & A for compliance.
- Bedding Sets / Blankets
- Mattresses- Each mattress (and accompanying box spring if applicable) must contain a “Part 1633” compliance label for flammability standard.
- Toddler Beds & Children’s Beds
- Changing Tables / Dressers
- Nursery Decor- lamps, wall hanging, rugs, etc.
- Strollers and accessories- clean and in good condition
- Bouncer Seats
- Diaper Bags
- Bumbo Seats (must have the recall kit/strap included)
- Diaper Pails / Potty Chairs- cleaned, bleached and free of odors
- Baby Carriers- Baby Bjorn, slings, wraps, framed carriers etc.
- Bottles/Sippy Cups (in excellent condition and BPA-Free)
- Feeding Gear (excellent condition)
- NEW Pacifiers
- Humidifiers /Vaporizers
- Boppy Pillows and Covers- CLEAN
- Shopping Cart Covers
- Child Safety Items- gates, cabinet locks, bed rails etc.
- Baby Monitors & Sound Machines
- Cloth diapers- free of odor and excessive wear
- Disposable Diapers- NEW IN PACKAGE (pack not opened)
- Breast Pumps- only pumps that are NOT labeled for “single user” or “single patient” devices can be resold (i.e. Hygeia, Medela Classic Breast Pump or Medela Lactina Breast Pump are ok for resale). They must be sterilized, missing no parts and in working condition. NO SINGLE USER BREAST PUMPS OR MANUAL PUMPS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNLESS FACTORY SEALED. (i.e. Medela Pump in Style, Evenflo Dual Electric, Avent Isis, Medela Lactina, Medela Symphony, Playtex Embrace Etc)
Unfortunately we will not accept the following items for our sale:
- Out of Date Clothing- nothing over five years old, 3 years for maternity
- Clothing which has stains, are soiled, faded, badly worn, have unpleasant odors, holes, tears, missing buttons or snaps or have broken zippers
- Adult Clothing and Shoes, except maternity or nursing wear
- Junior Clothing and Shoes
- Clothing with Drawstrings around the neck
- Socks or Tights unless new in packaging
- Underwear and Bras, including nursing bras unless new with tags
- Reusable Nursing Pads (unless new in packaging)
- Breast pumps labeled for single user or single patient (i.e. Medela Pump in Style and Avent Isis Breast Pump). According to the FDA, if a breastpump is labeled a “single user” or “single patient” device, that pump is only intended for one user and cannot legally be resold.
- Cribs that do not comply with new CPSC Guidelines (manufactured after June 28, 2011 or they must have a certificate of compliance from manufacturer)
- Car Seats which have been in an accident or are more than four years old (please check the date on the sticker at the bottom of the seat)
- Accordion Style Baby Gates
- Used Pacifiers (must be new in factory sealed package)
- Bean Bag Chairs with zippers that can be opened
- Bath Seats with bottom suction cups, or manufactured before 2007
- Hand Painted Toys (due to the potential for lead-based paint)
- Soft Bath Toys, Vinyl Play Books, Soft Vinyl Infant Play Toys (due to BPA issues)
- Generic Stuffed Animals (only licensed characters – i.e. Disney, Sesame Street)
- Toys that are Damaged or have Loose or Missing Pieces
- Boxed Puzzles that are open
- Happy Meal Toys/Books
- Out of Date or Recalled Children’s Products and Toys (http://www.cpsc.gov/)
As parents ourselves, our #1 concern is the safety and security of our participants. It is the CONSIGNOR’S RESPONSIBILITY, as seller/owner of the items, to ensure their items meet the required safety standards. At drop-off, each consignor will be required to bring a signed waiver accepting the liability of the items they bring, stating they have ensured that none of their items are recalled and all meet safety standards.
Please use the following resources to make sure that your item has not been recalled or is deemed unsafe for children:
- Consumer Product Safety Commission’s Searchable Recall list A searchable listing of ALL recalled products. (Choose the appropriate item category and click “Find”)
- CPSC’s Dangerous and Recalled Products Reference Guide Safety standards for CRIBS, PLAYPENS, PACK-N-PLAYS, CAR SEATS, BATH SEATS, BABY WALKERS, BABY GATES, MATTRESSES, TOYS and BUNK BEDS.